|Published:||Sep 07, 2012 2:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 07, 2012 3:17 PM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- Police arrested a 36-year-old woman on child abuse charges Thursday, after witnesses reported suspicious activity at a Marco Island Walgreen's.
Suzanne Larose-Williams was seen arguing with a pharmacist, then taking items off a shelf and going into th restroom with an infant child, according to her arrest report. At one point, the baby was left, barefoot and crying, alone in the store.
Larose-Williams and another female, later identified as Crystaleigh Artrip, were seen taking the baby and a dog bowl off a store shelf into the restroom. An employee followed them in and heard what sounded like the women bathing the infant in the dog bowl.
A deputy arrived to the Walgreen's parking lot and observed both women, a male and the infant in a truck. The deputy saw the occupants of the truck exchanging drug paraphernalia and disposing of some into the trash can.
Larose-Williams was arrested and charged with child abuse, due to her open possession of a loaded needle/syringe while holding the baby.
Artrip was on "inmate release" on drug and battery on a law enforcement charges. She was also arrested and charged with violation of probation.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned