|Published:||Sep 07, 2012 6:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 07, 2012 6:39 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Airport police were waiting for 67-year-old Donald Girty of Fort Myers at his destination in Cincinnati Thursday, after an 8-year-old girl went to officials with allegations of rape.
CBS affiliate WKRC in Cincinnati reported that Girty was on his way to visit the girl's family in Fairfax just before he was taken into custody.
The investigation continues, but officials in Ohio believe there may be other victims.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect