|Published:||Sep 07, 2012 12:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 07, 2012 12:44 PM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a 4-year old girl was fatally injured outside of her home when she was struck by a vehicle driven by her mother.
Daisy Martinez was hit Thursday and immediately taken a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
FHP officials say the child's 23-year-old mother Gracie Moreno was driving the car.
Neighbors told the Bradenton Herald (http://bit.ly/QrlZeE) that they believe the car's accelerator got stuck, causing the accident.
Further details, including the cause of the incident, will not be released until the FHP investigation is completed.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Investigators look for answers in fatal Gateway standoff
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students