|Published:||Sep 07, 2012 6:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 07, 2012 4:22 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a deadly accident that happened Friday morning on I-75, just south of the Colonial Blvd. exit.
The rollover accident left a 51-year-old Fort Myers man dead. Thomas Johnson was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
Johnson's Nissan Pathfinder hit the right rear of the trailer being pulled by a Ford F150 driving next to him. Johnson's vehicle rotated and drove off the roadway, overturning into a ditch and striking trees.
Traffic was slowed for hours, due to onlooker delays.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013