|Published:||Sep 06, 2012 10:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2012 10:50 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Fire rescue officials in Orlando say a teenager found his parents passed out in their garage hours after they had gone out to buy baby formula.
Orlando TV station WEST (http://bit.ly/NOez70 ) reports the 15-year-old woke up around 1 a.m. Thursday and wondered where his parents were. He found them inside their car parked in the garage and ran to a neighbor's house for help.
The neighbor helped get them out and rescue crews took them to Florida Hospital Orlando.
Rescue officials say they suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. Their six children were also treated outside the home and taken to a hospital for observation.
Authorities believe the couple may have stayed inside the car after returning from the store because they didn't have air conditioning inside their house.
Information from: WESH-TV, http://www.wesh.com/index.html
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire