|Published:||Sep 06, 2012 10:56 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2012 10:56 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Police officers fatally shot a suspected arm robber at an Orlando apartment complex.
Orlando police Sgt. Vince Ogburn says officers responded to Camden Reserve apartments about 9 p.m. Wednesday after someone reported a robbery in the parking lot.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/QbFJVO ) reports officers saw the suspect shoot at a robbery victim. Ogburn says one or more officers exchanged gunfire with one of the suspects, killing him. The other suspect ran away.
Authorities say no one else was hurt.
The names of the victims or the suspects have not been released.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating, which is standard procedure in a police-involved shooting.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital
- Lack of qualified labor for Cape Coral construction jobs
- Judge says the lights must go on in one Collier neighborhood
- Safe havens for children double in Southwest Florida
- One-handed basketball player shoots, scores at City of Palms
- Fla. homeowner's group bans playing in street
- Santa's helpers sorting through mail
- Cape Coral firefighters quickly put out house fire