|Published:||Sep 06, 2012 3:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2012 3:00 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The chairman of the Democratic Party in Palm Beach County is apologizing for saying Christians want Jews to "be slaughtered and converted and bring on the second coming of Jesus Christ."
Mark Alan Siegel made the comments Wednesday night to the conservative website Patriot Update while attending the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.
He called fundamentalist Christians "the worst possible allies for the Jewish state" and said "they want Israel to pursue policies which are antithetical with its security and existence."
Siegel issued an apology Thursday for what he said were "ill-chosen words" that "did not accurately make the point I was trying to establish."
Information from: The Palm Beach Post, http://www.pbpost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman