|Published:||Sep 06, 2012 4:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2012 4:02 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Timothy Matejkovic sustained only minor injuries when he drove his Acura into a canal Thursday morning.
Florida Highway Patrol reports that the 40-year-old was traveling north on Williams Ave. approaching W. 18th St. when, for reasons unknown, he drove straight through a posted dead end zone, went airborne over the canal and struck the embankment on the other side. After the impact, the vehicle slid and submerged under the water.
Matejkovic was located sitting on top of his vehicle for an undetermined amount of time.
FHP is not sure whether the crash occurred at 7:00 a.m. Thursday morning or the night before, as the driver stated.
Alcohol is not considered a factor in this crash.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel