|Published:||Sep 06, 2012 10:16 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2012 12:54 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Warrant Unit assisted the Lee County Marshal Task Force Wednesday at 11:45 p.m. in apprehending an out-of-state fugitive at the Microtel hotel, at 4056 Tamiami Trail in Port Charlotte.
Members of the CCSO Warrant Unit, who are also U.S. Marshals, obtained information that Jacob Frank “Jake” Scott, 29, of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, was in a specific room at the hotel. Scott was located as the result of an anonymous tip. Charlotte and Lee units surrounded the hotel and observed Scott exit his third floor window attempting to jump down into the parking lot, only to be met by a CCSO K9 unit. Deputies from Lee and Charlotte County were able to get Scott down safely and he was transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he remains on no bond.
Winston-Salem Police Department had an active warrant out for Scott in connection with a July 16 bank robbery of a Bank of America in that North Carolina city.
Once his identity was known, robbery detectives prepared a photo lineup and met with the victim of the bank robbery in Lee County that happened on Wednesday. The victim was able to positively identify Scott as the robber.
A warrant will be issued for the robbery he committed in Lee County. Plans for extradition are not immediately available.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation