|Published:||Sep 04, 2012 10:28 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 04, 2012 10:28 AM EDT|
TITUSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - An ongoing dispute between neighbors led to an altercation that police say left one dead, two seriously injured and another in jail.
Titusville police say the triple shooting happened early Monday while 39-year-old Gary Hembree was having a barbeque with other neighbors outside his house.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/OUrbXg ) reports Hembree had been yelling insults at 44-year-old William Woodward on Saturday night as part of the ongoing dispute.
Authorities say Woodward fatally shot Hembree. Two other neighbors - 44-year-old Roger Picior and 49-year-old Bruce Timothy Blake were each shot multiple times.
Police say Woodward surrendered to police. He faces one count of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted first-degree murder.
The newspaper reports police had been to the neighborhood numerous times and had tried to help mediate the issue.
Information from: Florida Today, http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rep. Trey Radel leaves Naples rehabilitation center
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Car crashes into it Cape Coral home
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- Investigators say mom is to blame for son's drowning death