TITUSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - An ongoing dispute between neighbors led to an altercation that police say left one dead, two seriously injured and another in jail.
Titusville police say the triple shooting happened early Monday while 39-year-old Gary Hembree was having a barbeque with other neighbors outside his house.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/OUrbXg ) reports Hembree had been yelling insults at 44-year-old William Woodward on Saturday night as part of the ongoing dispute.
Authorities say Woodward fatally shot Hembree. Two other neighbors - 44-year-old Roger Picior and 49-year-old Bruce Timothy Blake were each shot multiple times.
Police say Woodward surrendered to police. He faces one count of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted first-degree murder.
The newspaper reports police had been to the neighborhood numerous times and had tried to help mediate the issue.
Information from: Florida Today, http://www.floridatoday.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond