TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man and a woman had been arguing in their car before they died in an apparent murder-suicide.
Tampa police say the woman managed to jump out of their car just before 8 p.m. Monday in Tampa's busy West Shore area.
A witness told the Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/RCeDGg ) the car struck an office building just after the woman jumped out of the passenger seat. Raymond Guebara told the Times the man then got out of the car and shot the woman.
Tampa police say the man drove away before returning to the scene. Police found him in the vehicle with a gunshot to the head.
Police say the man hit the woman several times with his fists before shooting her several times.
An investigation continues.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs