|Published:||Sep 03, 2012 10:23 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2012 10:23 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a suspect wanted on felony drug charges is in stable condition after being shot multiple times by sheriff's deputies waiting to arrest him outside a central Florida hotel.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office says the suspect was located Sunday night at an extended-stay hotel in Orlando. Deputies in unmarked vehicles boxed in the suspect's car when he came out of the hotel and prepared to leave.
The sheriff's office says the suspect ignored deputies' warnings and rammed their vehicles in an attempt to flee. The deputies opened fire, striking the suspect multiple times.
The sheriff's office says two deputies will be assigned to administrative duties for at least a week. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement will investigate the shooting.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'