|Published:||Sep 03, 2012 12:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2012 6:47 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Southwest Florida Central Labor Council held a picnic lunch to honor members of labor unions in the area. The event was one of many being held statewide, joining together union members, community activists and faith leaders.
Participants received information on affordable healthcare and had the opportunity to register to vote. The Council stressed it was not a political event and that they would not be endorsing a Presidential candidate just yet.
The event took place at the Cape Coral Yacht Club Pavilion until 5:00 p.m. on Monday.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle