|Published:||Sep 03, 2012 12:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2012 6:47 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Southwest Florida Central Labor Council held a picnic lunch to honor members of labor unions in the area. The event was one of many being held statewide, joining together union members, community activists and faith leaders.
Participants received information on affordable healthcare and had the opportunity to register to vote. The Council stressed it was not a political event and that they would not be endorsing a Presidential candidate just yet.
The event took place at the Cape Coral Yacht Club Pavilion until 5:00 p.m. on Monday.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft