|Published:||Sep 03, 2012 7:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2012 7:13 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - It was supposed to be a fun-filled Labor Day party, but it took a terrifying turn.
According to hit and run victims, Jhesica Walker and Suerene Hall, they were leaving a party on Roma Avenue South with a group of friends when they saw the on-coming car.
"I could see that he was speeding up, so I just dove and I guess some other people didn't react as quick," Hall said.
Walker agreed stating, "It was like a bowling alley, how like you just bowl and pins go everywhere, that's exactly how it was."
Both victims suspect the driver was drinking.
"Careless driving, careless drinking, being under the influence and he could have taken my life," Hall said.
After hitting six people the driver stopped, left the car, and ran away on foot.
Three of the victims were taken to area hospitals. The others were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
"The doctor told me it was a miracle for me not to have broken any part of my body," said Walker.
Both women say the event was shocking and hope the driver is found.
FHP told Wink News they know who the driver is, but have been unable to locate him.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption