|Published:||Sep 03, 2012 7:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2012 7:13 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - It was supposed to be a fun-filled Labor Day party, but it took a terrifying turn.
According to hit and run victims, Jhesica Walker and Suerene Hall, they were leaving a party on Roma Avenue South with a group of friends when they saw the on-coming car.
"I could see that he was speeding up, so I just dove and I guess some other people didn't react as quick," Hall said.
Walker agreed stating, "It was like a bowling alley, how like you just bowl and pins go everywhere, that's exactly how it was."
Both victims suspect the driver was drinking.
"Careless driving, careless drinking, being under the influence and he could have taken my life," Hall said.
After hitting six people the driver stopped, left the car, and ran away on foot.
Three of the victims were taken to area hospitals. The others were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
"The doctor told me it was a miracle for me not to have broken any part of my body," said Walker.
Both women say the event was shocking and hope the driver is found.
FHP told Wink News they know who the driver is, but have been unable to locate him.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate