|Published:||Aug 31, 2012 10:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2012 10:22 AM EDT|
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) - A thief stole a grieving mother's purse while she attended a roadside memorial for her daughter who died in a car crash a few days earlier.
Melbourne police say the thief took two purses Wednesday from the woman's car - one belonged to her, the other was her daughter's.
Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/QHQoal ) reports the woman told police her credit card was used a short time later at Walmart and Target. Police say the suspect purchased phone cards and an iPad.
Police say the suspect is in his 20s, has sleeve-style tattoos and was driving a maroon or purple Ford Taurus.
The woman's daughter died Sunday at the location of the memorial service.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Bonita Springs firefighters give a lesson in boater safety