|Published:||Aug 31, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- Parking fines on Marco Island could soon triple. City Council will discuss raising them from $30 to $95.
The increase would come as a result of increasing complaints about illegal parking on the island.
Police say money from fines would help pay for Marco's crossing guard program and traffic training for officers. Fines have not changed since 1999, and police say the original $30 penalty is not worth the court costs.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court