|Published:||Aug 31, 2012 10:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2012 10:17 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Classes have been cancelled at St. Petersburg High School after a fire broke out in the auditorium.
Flames were shooting through the roof of the three-story auditorium when St. Petersburg Fire Rescue crews arrived around 4 a.m. Friday.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/SYRgbv ) reports crews quickly called for backup and cut off power to the school.
There was no word on what caused the fire.
An investigation continues.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Oil rig up for consideration at Immokalee Airport
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings