|Published:||Aug 31, 2012 10:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2012 10:17 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Classes have been cancelled at St. Petersburg High School after a fire broke out in the auditorium.
Flames were shooting through the roof of the three-story auditorium when St. Petersburg Fire Rescue crews arrived around 4 a.m. Friday.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/SYRgbv ) reports crews quickly called for backup and cut off power to the school.
There was no word on what caused the fire.
An investigation continues.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect