|Published:||Aug 31, 2012 11:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2012 1:04 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives arrested three young men Thursday for burglary of the now closed Tower Bar, located at 4043 Duncan Road. They were caught by the owner at 3:00 p.m. stealing items to sell for scrap. Vincent Nicholas Borrero, 21, of 30436 Holly Road; a 17-year-old and a 16-year-old, all of the Ridge Harbor subdivision in east of Punta Gorda, were arrested.
The owner driving past the bar saw two vehicles and two juvenile boys placing metal bar stools in the back of a red Ford Ranger pickup. She turned around, entered her property, confronted them, and asked what they were doing; she also observed Borrero inside the bar. The boys advised that since the property was abandoned, they could take it. She told them she was the owner and they were not allowed to take anything. The juveniles then put the bar stools back in the bar and the owner called CCSO. While on the phone, Borrero drove off in his red Jeep Liberty. The CCSO helicopter responded and at 3:40 p.m. located Borrero’s Jeep in Ridge Harbor. Deputies responded to the location and arrested Borrero. The two juveniles were taken into custody for questioning.
Borrero advised that the teenagers came to his home and asked him to follow them to sign for metal items to take to a recycling center since they were not old enough. Borrero agreed and followed them to the Tower Bar. The boys said they believed the property was abandoned and took the bar stools to scrap for fishing money. Value of the bar stools was $150.
All three were transported to the Charlotte County Jail and each was charged with felony Burglary, and Petit Theft. Borrero posted a $3,000 bond Friday morning; both juveniles were released to the custody of their parents and placed on home detention.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting