|Published:||Aug 30, 2012 3:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2012 3:46 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Tropical Storm Leslie has formed in the Atlantic far from land.
The storm has maximum sustained winds near 40 mph (65 kph) Thursday.
Leslie is centered about 1,125 miles (1,810 kilometers) east of the Windward Islands.
The new storm forms just days after Isaac made landfall in southeast Louisiana as a Category 1 hurricane and then lashed the region with wind and flooding rain.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space