|Published:||Aug 30, 2012 5:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2012 5:10 PM EDT|
APOLLO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A group of Republican National Convention protesters that blocked a road near a coal power plant about 15 miles from the GOP event were not arrested.
The protest is at the Big Bend Power Station. At least three people Thursday had attached their arms to posts near the plant.
No one was arrested. A protest organizer said that police agreed not to arrest anyone if all of the protesters left peacefully.
Protest activity at the convention has been light. As of Thursday afternoon, only two people had been arrested.
Protesters said turnout fizzled because of Hurricane Isaac and large numbers of law enforcement in and around the downtown area.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle