|Published:||Aug 30, 2012 6:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2012 6:12 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Sheriff’s deputies were on scene of a traffic fatality on I-75 that was reported at 4:32 a.m. Thursday. The body of an unidentified female was hit by five vehicles, just south of Harborview Road (Exit 167), about 100 feet onto the I-75 southbound bridge, going toward Punta Gorda.
Motorists were diverted while FHP conducted their investigation.
CCSO deputies and FHP interviewed various drivers who may have run over the body.
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida