|Published:||Aug 30, 2012 11:59 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2012 5:19 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Part of westbound I-75, on Alligator Alley, was blocked at mile marker 94 on Thursday, after a tractor trailer drove into a canal.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m.
The Collier County Dive Team and FHP were able to assist with the removal of the sole occupant, 39-year-old Eduardo Perez, from the submerged vehicle.
Perez was conscious on the scene and was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital, where he remains in serious condition.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral