|Published:||Aug 30, 2012 11:59 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2012 5:19 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Part of westbound I-75, on Alligator Alley, was blocked at mile marker 94 on Thursday, after a tractor trailer drove into a canal.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m.
The Collier County Dive Team and FHP were able to assist with the removal of the sole occupant, 39-year-old Eduardo Perez, from the submerged vehicle.
Perez was conscious on the scene and was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital, where he remains in serious condition.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.