|Published:||Aug 29, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 29, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - A tornado warning has been issued in southern Mississippi as Hurricane Isaac hits Louisiana and Mississippi with high winds and drenching rains.
The National Weather Service says the tornado warning area Wednesday includes the cities of Long Beach and Gulfport, which are west of Biloxi on Mississippi's Gulf Coast.
The warning comes as Category 1 Isaac moves inland in Louisiana, bringing flooding and power outages after making landfall Tuesday evening.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center warns Isaac's dangerous storm surges and flooding threats from heavy rain are expected to last all day and into the night as it crawls over Louisiana.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space