|Published:||Aug 29, 2012 6:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 29, 2012 6:39 PM EDT|
WASHINGTON, D.C. - A Call for Action alert for a Sherwin-Williams product you might use in your home. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced a voluntary recall due to fire hazards.
The product is the 'Tree House Studio Clear Acrylic Matte Coating.' It's sold exclusively at Hobby Lobby. The hazard is the aerosol container can leak, causing a fire hazard if the can is stored near a source of ignition.
So far, no injuries have been reported. The voluntary recall is for the product sold in white aerosol cans with the Tree House Studio logo and the name 'Clear Acrylic Matte Coating' printed on the front.
The batch date HL2081LT is printed on the bottom of the can, along with UPC code 724504103004. The product was sold nationwide between July 2011 and June 2012.
WINK News Call for Action called the Hobby Lobby in Fort Myers and discovered they don't carry this product on their shelves. If you have this product, you should stop using it and contact Sherwin-Williams for a refund. For additional information, please contact Sherwin-Williams toll-free at (888) 304-3769 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's website at www.sherwin-williams.com
All the information from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission can be found here - http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12260.html
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating