|Published:||Aug 29, 2012 12:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 29, 2012 5:21 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A rollover accident on northbound I-75, just south of Bonita Beach Rd. (mile marker 115), left traffic blocked in both directions Wednesday afternoon.
All lanes have re-opened.
A semi-truck flipped over, scattering debris all over the road way.
According to a North Naples Fire spokesperson, just before 12:15 p.m., the truck was heading northbound on I-75 when it flipped, spilling fuel and the load he was carrying, including a crane and other equipment.
The 37-year-old driver, James Brunelle, was thrown from the semi and airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital for treatment.
No other vehicles were involved.
Avoid the area or expect delays.
Traffic in both directions was backed up for several miles.
It is still unclear what caused the driver to lose control.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions