|Published:||Aug 29, 2012 10:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 29, 2012 10:29 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Neighbors in the Orange Tree Boulevard area had a visitor today. A black bear was spotted in a tree off Immokalee Road.
FWC says the 400 pound bear made himself at home up in the tree off Immokalee Road. Neighbors says the bear had been there since about 10 a.m.
At one point in the early evening, the bear climbed down the tree, and officials blocked Immokalee Road, hoping the bear would cross the street and go back to a wooded area.
However, the bear got spooked and climbed right back up to the top of the tree.
FWC expects the bear will stay in the tree overnight, and hopefully return to its natural habitat early in the morning.
Neighbors came outside all day to catch a glimpse of their newest resident.
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies