|Published:||Aug 28, 2012 5:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 28, 2012 5:51 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The body of the man found Monday morning has been positively identified as 50-year-old Christopher Mark Brothers of Cape Coral. Detectives with the Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit are continuing the investigation into his murder.
No specific details as to the manner of death are being released at this time.
On Monday, at 8:57 a.m., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a call about a body found near the intersection of West 18th Street and Edison Avenue. A passerby found an adult white male lying off the roadway on the north side. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Brothers recently made headlines when he was arrested August 8th on charges of Heroin Sales and Possession of a Controlled Substance without a Prescription.
On the evening of August 6th, Brothers was the victim of a robbery at his home in which two unknown suspects knocked on the door, forced their way in and robbed him of $500 cash.
Anyone with information related to this violent felony crime is asked to contact the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 477-1000 or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 dollars, Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS(8477). Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org via text to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD or through the TipSubmit app on any Smart phone.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI