|Published:||Aug 26, 2012 5:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2012 5:54 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Orange County Sheriff's deputies responding to an alarm found a woman who had been shot multiple times in a bedroom.
Deputies say a 2-year-old was found unharmed inside the home early Sunday in the Dr. Phillips area of Orlando.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/PgqXg0 ) reports the Florida Department of Children and Families was contacted and relatives of the child were at the home Sunday afternoon but declined to comment.
Detectives and medical examiner's personnel were working at the home Sunday afternoon.
No further details were immediately available.
Deputies have not released the name of the victim.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers