|Published:||Aug 26, 2012 7:45 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2012 11:00 PM EDT|
The Lee County Emergency Operations Center has rescinded the mandatory evacuation orders, effective immediately, for the following areas of Lee County:
Fort Myers Beach
Big and Little Hickory Islands
San Carlos Island
Lee EOC still expects up to 30-40 mph winds and heavy rain before Tropical Storm Isaac exits the area, so residents are urged to exercise extreme caution when crossing bridges, or driving along coastal and low-lying roads. The EOC says: if you can’t see the road because it’s flooded – Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'