|Published:||Aug 25, 2012 7:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2012 7:08 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Republican Party will delay the bulk of its convention until Tuesday afternoon because of the severe weather forecast from Isaac.
That's according to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus.
Priebus says the convention will convene briefly Monday and then immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon, once the storm is expected to have passed.
He says in a statement that the party made the decision after consulting with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and federal and local emergency officials.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- The Salvation Army is answering the call for help
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family