|Published:||Aug 25, 2012 7:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 25, 2012 7:08 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Republican Party will delay the bulk of its convention until Tuesday afternoon because of the severe weather forecast from Isaac.
That's according to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus.
Priebus says the convention will convene briefly Monday and then immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon, once the storm is expected to have passed.
He says in a statement that the party made the decision after consulting with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and federal and local emergency officials.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti