|Published:||Aug 24, 2012 1:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2012 3:09 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- Several area schools will be closed on Monday, due to Tropical Storm Isaac.
The Royal Palm Academy in Naples will be closed on Monday, August 27, due to Tropical Storm Isaac.
Edison State College officials have announced the college will be closed beginning at 4:00p.m. on Sunday, for both employees and students. Classes and activities scheduled for Monday are cancelled. This includes the campuses in Fort Myers, Naples, Punta Gorda and the center in LaBelle.
Classes will be held as scheduled on Friday and Saturday, August 24 and 25.
There are no plans at this time to evacuate LightHouse Commons, the college’s first residence building.
The college plans to re-open on Tuesday, August 28, 2012, but it is advisable to visit www.edison.edu for any additional announcements.
Classes and events at Florida Gulf Coast University have been canceled from 4:00 p.m. on Sunday through Monday night. All FGCU day and night classes and activities for this period both on campus and at off-campus locations are canceled. FGCU will reopen for regular operations at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, unless you are otherwise notified.
Student Housing, as well as SoVi Dining, will remain open, but residential students have been asked to go home for this weekend and Monday if possible. Student Housing staff will provide additional information as needed to residential students.
Trust WINK News to keep you updated, if more schools will closing.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Victims say man exposed himself in Naples beach parking lot
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- New Lee superintendent to make $169,000 her first year
- Zombies to unite at Bell Tower for a good cause
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court