|Published:||Aug 24, 2012 1:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2012 3:09 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- Several area schools will be closed on Monday, due to Tropical Storm Isaac.
The Royal Palm Academy in Naples will be closed on Monday, August 27, due to Tropical Storm Isaac.
Edison State College officials have announced the college will be closed beginning at 4:00p.m. on Sunday, for both employees and students. Classes and activities scheduled for Monday are cancelled. This includes the campuses in Fort Myers, Naples, Punta Gorda and the center in LaBelle.
Classes will be held as scheduled on Friday and Saturday, August 24 and 25.
There are no plans at this time to evacuate LightHouse Commons, the college’s first residence building.
The college plans to re-open on Tuesday, August 28, 2012, but it is advisable to visit www.edison.edu for any additional announcements.
Classes and events at Florida Gulf Coast University have been canceled from 4:00 p.m. on Sunday through Monday night. All FGCU day and night classes and activities for this period both on campus and at off-campus locations are canceled. FGCU will reopen for regular operations at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, unless you are otherwise notified.
Student Housing, as well as SoVi Dining, will remain open, but residential students have been asked to go home for this weekend and Monday if possible. Student Housing staff will provide additional information as needed to residential students.
Trust WINK News to keep you updated, if more schools will closing.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite