|Published:||Aug 24, 2012 10:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2012 10:34 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fl. - Gas stations throughout Southwest Florida were crowded throughout the day. Attendants at the mobile gas station on MLK Blvd in Fort Myers say they have been busier than normal.
Drivers are making sure they have enough gas to them through the next several days.
"Don't think it's going to be so bad I just like to make sure I have all the basics. I've seen all the prices very high and my question is why are they so high?" says Eva Delaine.
The price of gas went up about two cents a gallon from yesterday. According to AAA, a gallon of regular is $3.73 nationwide.
Here in Southwest Florida, the average is $3.70 a gallon.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans