|Published:||Aug 24, 2012 9:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2012 10:33 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fl. - Isaac is keeping doctor's offices busy. Folks at Internal Medicine Associates say all their offices were busy yesterdy and Friday, especially during lunchtime.
Leaders say more than 400 patients came through their offices Friday trying to get prescriptions filled or asking what to do if they need a doctor and Isaac shuts things down.
Leaders say check your prescriptions now. If you need a refill in the next week, contact your physician right away in case they have to close due to weather and see if you can refill that prescription at another pharmacy.
Mike Biel with IMA says, check your physicians website for updates about hours and appointments and see if they have an email list you can sign up for.
"Yesterday morning we were able to send out an email blast to all of our patients saying, check your medications, make a list of your medications, your physicians, what you're being treated for," he says.
Biel adds, put all your medicines in a plastic bag and keep that in your hurricane kit.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney asks Fla. AG to investigate Winston case
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776