|Published:||Aug 24, 2012 6:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2012 6:42 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Two men have been sentenced to a year each in jail for helping dump a Jacksonville woman's body after another man fatally shot her.
A Duval County judge sentenced 19-year-old Kennard Deshun Mahone and 20-year-old Alfred Bernard Mears IV on Friday. They had been charged as accessories in the 2011 murder of 20-year-old Kalil McCoy.
Authorities say 20-year-old Frederick Lee Wade shot McCoy in the head last summer during an argument in his car as the group left a nightclub. Authorities say Wade, Mahone, Mears and Jonathan M. Brooks dumped in the body in some woods.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/PNzXqZ ) reports that Wade was sentenced earlier this month to life in prison for second-degree murder.
Brooks, also charged as an accessory, was sentenced to 15 years in prison in June. He had unrelated burglary and resisting arrest convictions.
Information from: The Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory