Published: Aug 23, 2012 6:23 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 23, 2012 6:24 PM EDT

LEE COUNTY, Fla. -- WINK News has learned exclusive new details in the case of Antonio Thomas.  Brand new public record released to WINK News on Thursday afternoon paints a better picture of Thomas, the man accused of kidnapping, rape and murder in June.  Thomas pleaded not guilty in court last week.

Public records show that Lee County deputies spoke to Thomas before he allegedly murdered a Cape Coral woman but say they never had probable cause to arrest him.

A crime spree of nine days began on June 13, 2012.  Deputies said Antonio Thomas abducted a woman at a 7-11 in Fort Myers.  Deputies said he assaulted her but she escaped.

June 15, 2012, deputies said Thomas strikes again, this time abducting a woman and sexually assaulting her.  She also escaped.

June 16, 2012, public records show that EMS workers responded to a drug overdose and Thomas was taken to Lee Memorial.  That was when EMS workers "notified the robbery detectives that a patient they had transported may match the description of the suspect in the ... kidnapping case."

Thomas was not arrested and was released from the hospital.  The Lee County Sheriff's Office told WINK News they did not have probable cause to arrest Thomas.

Two days later on June 18, 2012, detectives found Thomas, photographed him and got his contact information but never arrested him.

June 20, 2012, Phyllis Stein was abducted from her Cape Coral home, raped and killed.  Detectives believed Thomas was a suspect.

June 22, 2012, a home invasion on Michigan Avenue in Fort Myers, near downtown.  A woman was beaten severely, stabbed and robbed.  Detectives said Thomas stole the woman's car and abducted a 15-year-old girl, putting her in the car and then the trunk but she escaped.

Shortly after on June 22, 2012, documents said Thomas turned himself in to detectives and later allegedly confessed.

Thomas remains behind bars at the Lee County Jail.  He'll be back in court in December.