|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 10:48 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies are asking the public for help in identifying two young men caught on camera in the act of stealing a three-wheel bicycle (tricycle) and a two-wheel bicycle from Villa San Carlos II apartment complex in Port Charlotte.
Deputies obtained photos from a security camera that shows two males, believed to be in their late teens or early 20’s, using bolt cutters to cut locks off the secured bikes in a bicycle rack at 2550 Easy Street. The thefts were reported at 8 a.m. on Aug. 18. The bright blue Trail Mate three-wheel bike with basket on front and back, and the blue bicycle with a cover, were stolen.
Deputies say there have been several other three-wheel bicycle thefts that occurred since July 19 in surrounding areas east of the Promenades mall. Three-wheel bikes reported stolen were from 2550 Easy Street, 2500 Aaron Street, 21576 Kenyon Avenue, 22469 Nyack Avenue, and 22043 Hernando Avenue.
If anyone has information about the identification of these two young bicycle thieves, please call CCSO Corporal Jennifer Starowesky at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart