|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 10:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 11:08 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Fire rescue officials in Tampa say a single engine plane carrying three people made a hard landing in the median of Interstate 75.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue units responded to the scene east of Tampa just after 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
Officials say the aircraft did not crash, but was damaged when it landed. They say an estimated 60 gallons of fuel may have spilled onto the ground. A hazardous materials team is at the scene.
Authorities say the pilot and two passengers were not injured.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent