|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 11:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 12:08 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- The City of Sanibel continues to track Tropical Storm Isaac. Sanibel will likely be affected by tropical storm force winds and heavy rain Monday afternoon.
The City of Sanibel advises all residents to begin initial preparation as a precaution for your family's safety and protection of property. Now is the time to confirm that your family disaster plan is ready, hurricane shutters are installed and you have a plan for evacuation if the need arises. Check your hurricane supplies and make sure you have adequate prescriptions. Also make sure you have a plan for your pets.
Residents, property owners, business owners, property managers and essential personnel please make sure you have the current Hurricane Re-Entry Passes. Colors that will be honored are:
Hurricane Re-entry Passes are available at the Sanibel Police Department until 8:00 P.M. Thursday evening.
The Sanibel Police Department is located at 800 Dunlop Road in Sanibel.
The City of Sanibel Website www.mysanibel.com will keep you updated as we receive further information on Tropical Storm Isaac as it becomes available. You can also check for updates on the City's Hurricane Hotline at 800-933-6093.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI