|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 11:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 12:08 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- The City of Sanibel continues to track Tropical Storm Isaac. Sanibel will likely be affected by tropical storm force winds and heavy rain Monday afternoon.
The City of Sanibel advises all residents to begin initial preparation as a precaution for your family's safety and protection of property. Now is the time to confirm that your family disaster plan is ready, hurricane shutters are installed and you have a plan for evacuation if the need arises. Check your hurricane supplies and make sure you have adequate prescriptions. Also make sure you have a plan for your pets.
Residents, property owners, business owners, property managers and essential personnel please make sure you have the current Hurricane Re-Entry Passes. Colors that will be honored are:
Hurricane Re-entry Passes are available at the Sanibel Police Department until 8:00 P.M. Thursday evening.
The Sanibel Police Department is located at 800 Dunlop Road in Sanibel.
The City of Sanibel Website www.mysanibel.com will keep you updated as we receive further information on Tropical Storm Isaac as it becomes available. You can also check for updates on the City's Hurricane Hotline at 800-933-6093.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating