|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
ARIPEKA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 33-year-old Pasco County is accused of stealing $20,000 worth of collectible model trains from a retiree's home, then selling them online for only $700.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/PeeUeA ) reports Eric Malm was arrested Wednesday. He is charged with burglary, dealing in stolen property and violating his felony drug offender probation.
Sheriff's officials say Malm knew the retiree, who lives in Aripeka along Florida's Gulf coast. They say he placed ads online to sell the trains.
According to the arrest report, authorities have recovered about $10,000 worth of the collectibles. Deputies say the items had "unique markings and the victim's handwriting on the boxes."
Malm remained in Pasco County Jail Thursday, where he's being held without bond. An attorney wasn't listed on jail records.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore