|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 10:37 AM EDT|
ARIPEKA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 33-year-old Pasco County is accused of stealing $20,000 worth of collectible model trains from a retiree's home, then selling them online for only $700.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/PeeUeA ) reports Eric Malm was arrested Wednesday. He is charged with burglary, dealing in stolen property and violating his felony drug offender probation.
Sheriff's officials say Malm knew the retiree, who lives in Aripeka along Florida's Gulf coast. They say he placed ads online to sell the trains.
According to the arrest report, authorities have recovered about $10,000 worth of the collectibles. Deputies say the items had "unique markings and the victim's handwriting on the boxes."
Malm remained in Pasco County Jail Thursday, where he's being held without bond. An attorney wasn't listed on jail records.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest