|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 8:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 24, 2012 7:43 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fl. - Local electric companies tell WINK News, they've been busy all day with calls to repair old generators.
Owners at D and R Electrical Services say many customers have called because they have not turned on their generator since the last big storm.
They say not running the generator once every month can cause clogs in the fuel line and oil problems.
"If you maintain it and take care of it should last pretty much indefinitely I mean the oil needs to be changed the battery needs to be changed," says Mark Didonato.
He says batteries should be changed every two years and the oil can be changed once every year depending on how often you use the generator.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays