|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 5:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 5:31 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS-Fla.- "Created Equal" is behind the demonstration in front of the old courthouse.
The organization's spokesperson Preston Carlyle said, "These are photos of real abortions that came from abortion clinics. Generally we get a positive response it also depends on where we go."
Today, the box truck made it's way around downtown Fort Myers for about three hours.
Abortion rights supporter, Willie Filkowski said, "It has been proven over and over the best way to escape poverty and violence in poor countries is to allow women to have control over their reproductive rights."
People on both sides of the debate reacted with strong words.
Ken Harrington said, "I am against abortion, but these pictures are repulsive and I find it unnecessary to show that."
Kevin Cassidy said, "I know it is a necessity sometimes, but those pictures are over the top and not going to change anything."
With the abortion debate, front and center this election "Created Equal" said this demonstration will be travelling to all the battleground states in the coming months. Next week it goes to Tampa for the Republican National Convention.
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death