|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 5:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 5:31 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS-Fla.- "Created Equal" is behind the demonstration in front of the old courthouse.
The organization's spokesperson Preston Carlyle said, "These are photos of real abortions that came from abortion clinics. Generally we get a positive response it also depends on where we go."
Today, the box truck made it's way around downtown Fort Myers for about three hours.
Abortion rights supporter, Willie Filkowski said, "It has been proven over and over the best way to escape poverty and violence in poor countries is to allow women to have control over their reproductive rights."
People on both sides of the debate reacted with strong words.
Ken Harrington said, "I am against abortion, but these pictures are repulsive and I find it unnecessary to show that."
Kevin Cassidy said, "I know it is a necessity sometimes, but those pictures are over the top and not going to change anything."
With the abortion debate, front and center this election "Created Equal" said this demonstration will be travelling to all the battleground states in the coming months. Next week it goes to Tampa for the Republican National Convention.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge