|Published:||Aug 23, 2012 4:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 23, 2012 4:19 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies have arrested two suspects who are accused of defrauding an elderly victim of $9,540.
On Monday June 20, 2011, LCSO received information of a Grand Theft to an elderly victim living in a nursing home.
The victim reported that she notice several discrepancies to her bank/trust fund account. Upon further inquiries the victim discovered having several blank checks taken from a checkbook from within her room.
Due to the nature of the incident the Economic Crimes Unit was assigned to investigate.
The crime spree began in February 2011 through June 2011 with a total of thirteen checks stolen and used by the thieves to pay for an array of their personal bills to include: rent, car payments and loans. In total the victim was defrauded out of $9,540.00 dollars.
The investigation revealed the visiting care taker had brought her child’s father to the victim where he assisted with some work inside the room. Ultimately, the child’s father, Omar Anderson, took the checks and with the assistance from the care taker’s mother, Juanita Cash, the checks were fraudulently written, uttered and cashed by Anderson and Cash.
Anderson and Cash have been charged with Fraud and Grand Theft charges and have been booked into the Lee County Jail.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained