|Published:||Aug 22, 2012 11:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2012 11:08 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Acting on tips from the public, Collier County Sheriff's Office detectives were able to identify two rental scam suspects who were shown in a security video which was featured on the CCSO website and local media sites.
Detectives located 22-year-old Alina Perez and 26-year-old Nelson Alberto Minaya at their residence at 9330 Marino Circle in East Naples around 10:00 p.m. Tuesday, and arrested them on felony charges in connection with a rental scam in Golden Gate Estates.
Perez and Minaya face one count each of grand theft $300-$5,000 and fraud-obtain property under $2,000.
On Monday CCSO released security video showing Perez and Minaya in the hope someone from the public would recognize them and contact detectives.
Several anonymous tips through Crime Stoppers helped lead detectives to Perez and Minaya. Tips also helped lead to the pair's arrests Tuesday night on felony charges in an unrelated case.
Click here to see the original story.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Protecting children on the roads