|Published:||Aug 22, 2012 1:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2012 1:21 PM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - Pensacola police have identified the officer involved in the fatal shooting of an armed suspect.
The police department says Officer Coy McKenna shot and killed a gun-wielding suspect after the two exchanged fire near an apartment complex late Tuesday.
The Pensacola News Journal reports (http://on.pnj.com/O6g12y ) that police were called to the complex by neighbors who said a man had opened fire outside the complex and shot a woman. The woman is in critical condition at an area hospital.
Authorities have not released the suspect's identity.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the shooting.
Information from: Pensacola News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft