|Published:||Aug 22, 2012 1:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2012 4:48 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A company that is fixing up an old tile firm, is giving away thousands of boxes of tiles, everything from bathroom tile to floor tile to granite. Florentine Holding Company says it wants to give back to the local community.
"We bought this property, the old Tommy Thompkins Tile Company, to rehab the warehouses into something for lease. And we found all this tile inside! We could just dump it, but the owners want to try to give it away to anyone who needs it," said Jorge Miranda, project manager for the warehouse rehabilitation.
"So far we have given some tile to the public schools, to a local business, and one hotel on Fort Myers Beach. We'd like to give the stuff to anyone who has a project, could be a homeowner or a business or a non-profit group," said Miranda.
The Thompkins Tile property is located at 2562 Lafayette, at Lafayette and Evans, just south of downtown Fort Myers. Miranda can be reached at: 786-715-2470.
"Just come by and check it out and take what you want," he told WINK News.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend