|Published:||Aug 22, 2012 1:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2012 4:48 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A company that is fixing up an old tile firm, is giving away thousands of boxes of tiles, everything from bathroom tile to floor tile to granite. Florentine Holding Company says it wants to give back to the local community.
"We bought this property, the old Tommy Thompkins Tile Company, to rehab the warehouses into something for lease. And we found all this tile inside! We could just dump it, but the owners want to try to give it away to anyone who needs it," said Jorge Miranda, project manager for the warehouse rehabilitation.
"So far we have given some tile to the public schools, to a local business, and one hotel on Fort Myers Beach. We'd like to give the stuff to anyone who has a project, could be a homeowner or a business or a non-profit group," said Miranda.
The Thompkins Tile property is located at 2562 Lafayette, at Lafayette and Evans, just south of downtown Fort Myers. Miranda can be reached at: 786-715-2470.
"Just come by and check it out and take what you want," he told WINK News.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach