FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - An 81-year-old Florida man who needs oxygen tubes to breathe is facing multiple charges of sexually abusing young girls.
The Broward Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that Murry Snider of Margate was charged with 10 counts of lewd or lascivious molestation of a child under 12. Court records did not list an attorney for Snider.
The investigation began when a teenager now living in Sebring told her mother that Snider molested her when she was between the ages of 6 and 9. At the time Snider did maintenance at a Pompano Beach motel.
Authorities say Snider admitted molesting girls virtually his entire life. More victims might come forward.
In Florida, Snider has lived in Sebring, Clearwater, Largo, St. Petersburg and Miami. He's also lived in Las Vegas, Tallassee, Ala., and several counties in Texas.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida