|Published:||Aug 22, 2012 3:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 22, 2012 3:47 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - An 81-year-old Florida man who needs oxygen tubes to breathe is facing multiple charges of sexually abusing young girls.
The Broward Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that Murry Snider of Margate was charged with 10 counts of lewd or lascivious molestation of a child under 12. Court records did not list an attorney for Snider.
The investigation began when a teenager now living in Sebring told her mother that Snider molested her when she was between the ages of 6 and 9. At the time Snider did maintenance at a Pompano Beach motel.
Authorities say Snider admitted molesting girls virtually his entire life. More victims might come forward.
In Florida, Snider has lived in Sebring, Clearwater, Largo, St. Petersburg and Miami. He's also lived in Las Vegas, Tallassee, Ala., and several counties in Texas.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs