|Published:||Aug 21, 2012 3:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 21, 2012 3:29 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County deputies arrested 18-year-old Robert Prymus on petty theft charges Monday, but not before he allegedly led them on a chase.
A call was made in reference to shoplifting in progress at Best Buy, located on Naples Blvd. When deputies arrived, Prymus fled in a blue Nissan. According to the arrest report, the suspect committed several traffic infractions in the process. After several near-misses, Prymus lost control of the vehicle on Yahl St., slid into a gravel area and hit a tree.
The report continues to say that after crashing, Prymus jumped out of the vehicle and led deputies on a foot chase, ignoring their commands for him to stop running. He jumped into a canal and swam westward. One of the officers cut through an area business and ordered Prymus to the ground as he was coming out of the water.
The total amount of merchandise stolen was under $205.
Witnesses at Best Buy told officers they saw Prymus enter the restroom and exit with a stuffed backpack. Loss Prevention had detained the suspect after allegedly catching Prymus on surveillance video stuffing his backpack with items that were later found in the restroom trash can. It was then that the suspect ran out the emergency exit.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting