FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Police in South Florida want information on a fugitive they seek for questioning in the slaying of a 42-year-old man in March.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says a fugitive task force tracked 26-year-old Felipe Alex Torrealba last week to a home in Lehigh Acres in southwest Florida. But when officers arrived Torrealba was not there.
Authorities said Monday that Torrealba may be accompanied by 22-year-old Dayana Garcia, a 5-year-old boy and a 4-month-old girl. The suspect could be driving a silver Mercedes-Benz sedan with Texas plates.
Police want to talk to Torrealba about the killing of Kris Smalls of Weston. He has other outstanding arrest warrants.
Earlier this year, Torrealba was slightly injured when police in Miami-Dade County fired at him as he fled a traffic stop.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Venturi, US Open champion and CBS analyst, dies
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll