|Published:||Aug 21, 2012 5:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 21, 2012 5:10 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A Charlotte County Sheriff's deputy Tuesday arrested a nurse of the Douglas T. Jacobsen State Veterans Home and charged her with battery on an 85-year-old Alzehimer’s resident. Liliane Stephen Victor, 43, of 22416 Oceanside Avenue, was arrested for Battery on a Person 65-years or Older was.
On July 27, CCSO was dispatched to the facility when the risk manager reported an employee observed Nurse Victor hit the elderly resident in the right rear side of the head. The witness said two nurses were walking the resident to a chair at a table to be fed. One of the nurses walked away, but said Victor used a bear hug to get the elderly resident to sit down. When the man would not sit, Victor punched him in the head. Victor was removed from the VA facility at that time and placed on administrative leave while the investigation continued.
Tuesday morning, the deputy met with Victor; she denied hitting the Alzheimer resident. Based on other witnesses statements, Victor was placed under arrest and taken to the Charlotte County Jail where she remains on no bond.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti