PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- A Charlotte County Sheriff's detective arrested a Port Charlotte man today on a warrant for stealing his step-mother’s rings and selling to a pawn shop. Bradley Michael Singleton, 28, of 2359 Alvet Street, was arrested and charged with Grand Theft, Dealing in Stolen Property and False Verification of Ownership to a Second Hand Dealer.
CCSO received a call July 18 about the stolen rings and Singleton’s step-mother said she suspected Bradley Singleton who was staying in her home and remodeling her bathroom. She notice the rings missing and also said she cleans his room daily and has seen several pawn shop receipts in his room.
Detectives went to Precise Diamonds, 18700 Veterans Boulevard, Port Charlotte, and located the stolen rings. The owner said Singleton came in twice to pawn the rings; the owner provided detectives with the transaction forms that had Singleton’s driver’s license and thumb print on the receipts.
Singleton was located this morning at the Charlotte County Justice Center in downtown Punta Gorda and was arrested on the outstanding warrant. He was transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he remains on $17,000 bond. This is his third booking.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- FMPD on the scene at Bernwood Cove Apartments
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man